One of the key values that this University prides itself on is its commitment to student self-governance. Student self-governance adds much to our University's distinct culture every single day. From Class Councils and Student Council to Honor and UJC, student leaders are making their marks on our University and its future. If you would like to enrich the student experience here at our University, you should consider running for an elected position in the upcoming Spring 2017 University-wide Elections.
If you are interested in running for an office, you must either attend one of the Candidate Information Sessions hosted by the University Board of Elections or take an online eligibility quiz.
Candidate Information Sessions will be held on:
- Monday, January 23, at 7 p.m. in New Cabell 489
- Tuesday, January 24, at 7 p.m. in New Cabell 489
- Wednesday, January 25, at 7 p.m. in New Cabell 489
The online eligibility quiz can be found on our website at www.UVAvote.com and must be completed by Thursday, January 26, at 10 a.m.
Only students that attend either an information session or complete the online quiz will have access to the registration form that is required for candidacy.
If you decide to run for office, please make sure to:
- Use 7 Steps to Run for Office as a quick reference guide.
- Go over the Candidate Info Packet.
- Download the List of Electable Positions. (Note: Some positions have additional requirements to certify your candidacy. Please read the position descriptions closely for which you intend to run.)
- Download the Elections Calendar.
- Read through all of the Rules and Regulations.
- Download and read through the Candidate Info Session Presentation.
Candidate registration will open at 10 a.m. on Monday, January 30, and close at 4 p.m. on Friday, February 3.
Should you have any questions, please visit our website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best wishes for a successful election,
Chair, University Board of Elections