One of the key values that this University prides itself on is its commitment to student self-governance. Student self-governance adds much to our University's distinct culture every single day. From Class Councils and Student Council to Honor and UJC, student leaders are making their mark on our University and its future. If you would like to enrich the student experience here at our University, you should consider running for an elected position in the upcoming 2018 Spring University-wide Elections.
If you are interested in running for office, you must either attend one of the Candidate Information Sessions hosted by the University Board of Elections or take an online eligibility quiz.
Candidate Information Sessions will be held on:
- Wednesday, November 29, 7 p.m., New Cabell 389
- Monday, December 4, 7 p.m., New Cabell 389
- Thursday, January 18, 7 p.m., Newcomb 376
- Monday, January 22, 7 p.m., Newcomb 376
The online eligibility quiz will be posted on our website at www.UVAvote.com starting in early January and must be completed by Thursday, January 25, at 10 a.m.
Only students who either attend an information session or complete the online quiz will have access to the registration form that is required for candidacy.
If you decide to run for office, please make sure to:
- Use 7 Steps to Run for Office as a quick reference guide.
- Go over the Candidate Information Packet.
- Download the List of Electable Positions. (Note: Some positions have additional requirements to certify your candidacy. Please closely read the position descriptions for which you intend to run.)
- Review the Elections Calendar.
- Read through all of the Rules and Regulations.
Candidate registration will open at 10 a.m. on Monday, January 29, and close at 4 p.m. on Friday, February 2. Should you have any questions, please visit our website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best wishes for a successful election,
Chair, University Board of Elections