Welcome to Grounds from UVA Athletics! The purpose of this email is to inform you how you can attend home Virginia Athletics events during the 2018-19 academic year as well as to explain the Sabre Points system and its impact on admission to home men's basketball games.
Undergraduate and graduate students who pay the University Student Activity Fee are granted free admission to all home, regular-season athletic events by showing a valid student ID at the designated entrance with the exception of home men's basketball games. The men's basketball admission process is outlined below.
The first football game of the 2018 season is Saturday, Sept. 1, against Richmond. Kickoff is at 6 p.m. Schedules, results, and information for each of UVA's 27 varsity sports are available online at VirginiaSports.com.
MEN'S BASKETBALL TICKETING PROCEDURES
(UVASHOTS – UVA STUDENT HOOPS ONLINE TICKETING SYSTEM)
A student ticket is required for admission to home men's basketball games. To be able to request a ticket, you must create an account on UVAShots.com. We encourage you to create your account as soon as possible.
There will be a ticket request period for each game. The schedule to request tickets will be listed on UVAShots.com following the release of the men's basketball schedule in early September.
In the event the number of requests exceeds the quantity of tickets available for a game, tickets will be distributed based on a lottery system. Each student who requests a ticket will receive one entry into the lottery. You can receive additional entries equal to the number of Sabre Points you have in your account. For more information on Sabre Points, please see below.
Student guest tickets for men's basketball games are only available if students have not fully claimed the allotment of tickets for each game. Guest tickets will only be available for purchase online during the on-demand period, and students may purchase up to three (3) student guest tickets per game based on availability.
The Sabre Point system is structured as follows:
- Home, regular-season athletics events will be worth one (1) Sabre point.
- Students earn Sabre Points when they scan their ID upon entry at baseball, women’s basketball, football, men’s and women’s lacrosse, and men’s and women’s soccer games or their student ticket at men’s basketball games.
- Non-ticketed sports – field hockey, men’s and women’s squash, men’s and women’s swimming and diving, men’s and women’s tennis, volleyball and wrestling – will have a designated location for students to provide their student ID number for Sabre Points.
- Specially designated Sabre Rewards events and all home football games will be worth five (5) Sabre points. For the full list of these Sabre Rewards events taking place this fall, please visit UVAShots.com.
- Sabre Points will be used to determine the assignment of entry groups for men's basketball. Once all tickets have been allocated, the list will be sorted in order of Sabre Points from highest to lowest and sorted into groups from the point order.
- Sabre Points can be earned throughout the year, and 20 percent of Sabre Points in a student's account will be carried over to the following year.
FOOTBALL TICKETING PROCEDURES
Virginia Football will host seven (7) home games in 2018 starting with the season opener against Richmond on Sept. 1. The complete football schedule can be found on VirginiaSports.com.
The student entrance is located at Scott Stadium's North Gate adjacent to Alderman Road. Students are asked to have their UVA student ID ready to be scanned at the gate. Students will be awarded five (5) Sabre Points for each home football game they attend. The points will be automatically awarded to the individual's student account. A separate check-in is not needed to earn points at home football games.
Student guest tickets, valid for seating in designated student sections or on the Hill, are on sale now. Please click here to purchase student guest tickets. Students may also purchase student guest tickets in person at the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office in Bryant Hall, located at the south end of Scott Stadium. Discounted reserved tickets for the UVA Family Weekend game against North Carolina on Oct. 27 are available for purchase with promo code: UVAFAMILY.
OTHER TICKET INFORMATION
Tickets to sports other than football and men's basketball can be purchased, based on availability, for friends and family members through the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office. For schedules, ticket information, and to purchase tickets online, visit VirginiaSports.com. The Virginia Athletics Ticket Office can be reached by phone at 1-800-542-UVA1.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
A clear bag policy is in place for Scott Stadium, John Paul Jones Arena, Disharoon Park, and Klockner Stadium. The policy limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the venue. Bags must be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC, and may not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”. Small clutch bags/wallets no larger than 4.5” x 6.5” can be taken into the facility. For more information on the clear bag policy, please see the webpage on bag policy and entry procedures.
The Athletics department encourages you to be active in Hoo Crew, the official student fan group at UVA. Pick up the official Hoo Crew T-shirt at a designated Sabre Rewards event this fall!
Follow Hoo Crew on Twitter @Hoo_Crew for more information and updates.
If you have any questions about student ticketing, I encourage you to reach out to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Affairs