One of the key values that this University prides itself on is its commitment to student self-governance. Student self-governance adds much to our University’s distinct culture. From class councils and Student Council to Honor and UJC, student leaders are making their marks on our University and its future. If you would like to make an impact here at our University, you should consider running for an elected position in the upcoming 2019 Spring University-Wide Election.
If you are interested in running for an office, you must do one of the following: attend a Candidate Information Session hosted by the University Board of Elections OR take an online quiz that can be found at www.uvavote.com under the “Candidates” tab.
A Candidate Information Session will be held on:
- Tuesday, January 22, 8 p.m., Minor 125
- *This location is subject to change, please check our Facebook page for updates regarding location.
Only students who attend either an information session or complete the online quiz will gain access to the registration form that is required for candidacy.
If you are running for office, make sure to read or download the following, all of which are located on uvavote.com:
- 7 Steps to Run for Office as a quick reference guide
- The Candidate Information Packet
- All of the Rules and Regulations
- Download the List of Electable Positions (Note: Some positions have additional requirements to certify your candidacy. Please read the position descriptions closely for which you intend to run.)
- Download the Elections Calendar
- Download Candidate Info Session Presentation
Candidate registration will open on Monday, January 28th at 10 a.m.
Should you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Best wishes for a successful election,
The University Board of Elections