Tomorrow night, the Cavaliers will host William & Mary at Scott Stadium with kickoff at 8 p.m. Nighttime games can pose challenges around parking and traffic, so please keep this in mind as you plan activities tomorrow.
After 4 p.m. tomorrow, a few bus routes will be altered, and certain roads will be closed or converted to one-way traffic. UTS’s Extended Late Night for Northline and Outer Loop will not be in service on Friday evening. Safe Ride will begin operating at midnight. For complete details on parking, UTS service, and road closures, please see the Friday Night Lights website.
A nighttime game is a good opportunity to remind you of general safety. Please make it a practice to think about your own well-being and that of your friends and fellow students:
- Don’t prop open security doors in University buildings or hold the door open for unknown people.
- Lock your doors and windows, especially in off-Grounds housing.
- Walk with a buddy, use well-traveled and lighted pathways, and remain aware of your surroundings.
- Keep up with the latest UTS service impacts and announcements on the TransLoc Rider app, UTS-411 email listserv, Instagram, or Twitter.
- Use Yellow Cab Charge-a-Ride (434-295-4131) to travel by taxi. If you don’t have money to pay, show your student ID and sign a document to be billed through your student account.
- Review the Student Safety Guide to become familiar with all the resources available to you.
- You may also want to download the UVA version of the LiveSafe smart phone app.
- Never hesitate to call the police at 911 if you see suspicious or criminal activity.
I wish you a fun and safe weekend. Go Hoos!
With my best regards,
Allen W. Groves
University Dean of Students