Please share this message with your parent or guardian.
Two exceptions may apply to you. Please see the end of this message.
You are receiving this email because our records show you are under 18 years of age. For this reason, you need parental or guardian consent to complete two required tasks if you plan to live or learn at UVA this fall.
The two tasks requiring the consent of your parent or guardian include:
- Acceptance of the University's Acknowledgment and Agreement to Comply with Public Health Measures (2020-2021). You will separately need to complete this requirement via the Student Information System (SIS).
- Completion of a COVID-19 test from the University's vendor, Let's Get Checked (LGC). The test will be shipped to you by the University, not the vendor.
Please follow these instructions:
- Compete this brief form fully, providing us with the shipping address where you would like to receive the test kit. The University will overnight a kit to you at this address. You will need to log in to the form with your NetBadge credentials.
- Review this email with your parent or guardian. Let your parent or guardian know the University will be asking for their consent on the above tasks. The testing consent covers consent for the test to be proctored through a televisit, for LGC to run the test, and for LGC to release results to UVA.
- Watch for two emails from UVA's DocuSign system within the next 24-48 hours. For each, you will need to enter the name and email address of your parent or guardian. They will then receive the documents to review and digitally sign. You and your parent or guardian should complete these steps as soon as possible, but no later than August 17.
- When to take the COVID-19 test. Because your test must be proctored by a University health-care professional, DO NOT take your test until you are online with a University health-care professional during your televisit.
- Scheduling your televisit: On the form linked above, you will need to provide a telephone number where a University administrator can call you to schedule your appointment.
- Appointment details. Prior to your appointment, you will receive an email with the televisit link and the details related to your appointment. The appointment will take approximately 10 minutes. You are encouraged to have your parent or guardian attend the appointment with you.
- Return your test. The kit will include a prepaid mailing label so you can ship it back to LGC via UPS once your proctored televisit is complete.
- Receiving your results. You will be able to view your results in the online account you set up with LGC. Student Health and Wellness will automatically receive your results from LGC.
- If your test result is negative, you will have met the University of Virginia's requirements.
- If your test result is positive, you should self-isolate for 10 days after the date of a positive test or for 10 days after the development of symptoms and resolution of fever for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications (whichever is longer). You will need to complete an attestation form on the Healthy Hoos patient portal in order to be cleared to return to Grounds.
You are strongly encouraged to use LGC for testing to ensure results are received by Student Health and Wellness in a timely manner, and to avoid breaking your 14-day self-quarantine by going out to a doctor's office or pharmacy. If you strongly prefer to be tested by another provider, you must arrange for a test to be administered at your own expense, approximately seven (7) days before you come to Grounds. Please note, the preferred test is a viral PCR, or RT-PCR test. Rapid antigen tests are also accepted, but antibody tests are not accepted. If you receive test results from another provider or vendor, Student Health and Wellness must receive your test results prior to your return to Grounds. Please upload your test results through the Healthy Hoos patient portal.
For additional information, please contact ReturntoGrounds@virginia.edu.
Thank you for giving these requirements your immediate attention.
Patricia M. Lampkin
Vice President and Chief Student Affairs Officer
You may disregard this email if:
- You are now 18 and you plan to live or learn at UVA this fall. Although you still need to complete the requirements outlined above, you do not need to gain parental or guardian consent for either requirement if you have turned 18. Please follow the instructions from Dean Groves' email of August 5.
- You have decided to remain in your home community this fall with your parents, guardians, or others. The two requirements outlined above for testing and signing the agreement only apply to students who will live or learn on Grounds or in the local area of Charlottesville/Albemarle this fall.