I hope your semester is going well. My name is Spencer Whitney, and I am the Chair of the University Board of Elections (UBE).
Each year, students have the opportunity to determine the next generation of student leaders at UVA. Student elections are about more than just casting a vote; they are about defining the direction that the University takes as we emerge from this pandemic. From March 17th at 10am EDT to March 19th at 4pm EDT, you have the opportunity to choose your representatives for Student Council, Honor, UJC, and Class/School Council positions.
In order to vote, you can either:
- Click on your personalized link that you will receive via email on March 17th.
- Visit our website and click the orange “Vote” button in the navigation bar.
In addition, we recognize that this year has been hard on UVA students and the Charlottesville community. To help give back, everyone who completes every section of the ballot will have a chance to win over $1,000 in prizes. These include:
- Gift cards to local, minority-owned businesses
- Uber Eats, Doordash, and Starbucks gift cards
- An annual Shenandoah National Park pass
- An annual Masterclass subscription
- Coffee and candy subscription boxes
- A $150 UVA Bookstore gift basket
- And much more!
The complete rules and important disclaimers can be found here. Prize options for students not in Charlottesville this semester are also available.
Finally, we invite you to attend the annual Student Council Presidential Debate hosted by the CavDaily and cosponsored by the UVA Democracy Initiative. The debate will be held on Monday, March 15th, at 6pm EDT, and the link will be posted on our website.
I wish you all the best, and if you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
Chair, University Board of Elections