Connections is edited and published by the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, and this office determines the suitability of all items for publications. The newsletter is published most Wednesday evenings during the academic year. All undergraduates and students in the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences receive an email version of Connections. Only students, faculty, and staff may post notices in Connections, and only University-related notices will be published.
Submitting an Item to Connections
- The Connections e-newsletter includes a headline for each announcement, and often a subheading, both of which are linked to full announcements on the Connections page.
- Announcements that appear on the Web should be brief, generally less than 70 words.
- In the interest of brevity and newsiness, repeat submissions may be denied.
Items for Connections must be submitted by noon Monday to be considered for inclusion in the Wednesday release of Connections on any given week.
- Connections will not include any postings for events that take place before 5 p.m. on the Wednesday of publication.
- Please provide a website for readers to find more information. If you do not provide a URL, the contact email will be used instead.
- Submissions to Connections should conform to Associated Press style. This is particularly important in describing dates. Dates and times should follow AP style for abbreviations (Jan. Feb. March April May June July Aug. Sept. Oct. Nov. Dec.). For example: Feb. 7, 7 p.m. or Feb. 7, 7:30 p.m.
- Please do not include days of the week (Monday, Tuesday, etc.)
- The proper abridged form of the University’s name is UVA.
UVA Sustainability: World Water Day (Headline)
March 22, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., South Lawn. (Subheading)
The 2012 World Water Day Celebration will focus on the issues of water conservation and food security in the University, Charlottesville, and global communities. We will have representatives from many local and University research and community groups, and one of them could be your organization.