Search This Site

PLEASE NOTE: Fall undergraduate courses will begin on Tuesday, August 25. Information and FAQs are available on the Return to Grounds website and the Fall 2020 Student Resource website, which will be updated frequently.

All events on Grounds are cancelled until at least August 15.

ABC License

Sponsors may be required to obtain an ABC license directly from the state agency for events where alcohol is served. (Note: Catering companies that serve alcohol already comply with this ABC requirement.) The following are conditions where an ABC license is required:

  • If the sponsor is charging money for the event. ("Charging" can include entrance fees, donations, purchase of a cup for unlimited beverages, etc.)
  • If the event is open to the public.
  • If the space is open or in a public area.
  • If access to the event area is open.

For more information on ABC licenses, see the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control website.